PPC Bully was around for a while now and ever since the beginning it left me a very good impression. It’s one of many keyword “spying” services out there, but its functionality was always among the best.
PPC Bully is a service that allows you to enter a bunch of keywords and it would track the ads that appear on Google for those keywords. In other words, it tracks the competition. With the data that PPC Bully provides you can tell which ads were running for how long and assuming that advertisers would not hold their unprofitable ads up long, you can tell which ads are profitable. This information gives you some market intelligence as to what keywords, ads and landing pages might convert and what might not perform that well.
It was a powerful tool, but it required you to do the initial keyword research to get the keywords to be monitored. That’s a time consuming process and it does not guarantee that you will catch the best keywords.
Having run all these months PPC Bully has accumulated a solid database, it ought to. Therefore with the launch of PPC Bully 2.0 we can expect several things to happen:
- We will get millions of keywords to search through. That is, we no longer have to research keywords and wait for data to come in from monitoring them – everything is already done.
- We can get a lot more data just by starting with a main key phrase, merchant name, affiliate id, etc.
- If you know a couple of ids of a super affiliate, you can “steal” all their direct linking campaigns.
- Or you can discover affiliates who do well with PPC Bully 2.0 and find all of their campaigns.
All that gives you a really deep knowledge about niches and products you want to promote before even doing a keyword research. That’s a powerful knowledge and can give you an edge. But only if you know what you’re doing…
If you already thought that it sounds too good to be true, you’re definitely right. You can get a very good impression from the demo videos, it does look like an affiliate’s dream to be able to type in ClickBank merchant’s id and get the keywords and ads that would bring you sales within an hour (let alone being able to spy on super affiliates). However, PPC Bully 2.0 is not the first system of the kind and we have real life examples how this technique can go wrong.
A couple of months ago there was a very similar system released, called Google Cash Detective. You might have heard of it. It has left many hearts broken. It was a fine system, just like PPC Bully 2.0 is. Unfortunately many newbies took the demo videos literally and failed to get any use of it whatsoever. Oh the whining all over different forums I read. What happens is that when a thousand of newbies jump on the system and try to use the same technique, it fails. Those profitable ads the system finds are from direct linking campaigns, and everyone also tries to set up their own direct linking campaigns. In result the bids sky-rocket, everyone lose.
Now, there are many different products and niches, but how many of them are profitable with lots of traffic? Not that much, and really GCD has pretty much proven the direct linking to be more or less dead (in this context that is). The solution is in order, which is creating your landing page. However, that can and will affect the performance – the keywords and ads you find work not on themselves but together with the vendor’s landing page. And even then, who wants to spend hours creating a landing page to find it doesn’t work? The point is, you can’t just copy/paste them.
This story basically shatters all dreams that newbies might create for themselves, i.e. fast profit, fast cars and pretty girls. However, it does not render this tool useless by far. What I’m trying to say is that PPC Bully 2.0 is a just a tool, and you have to learn to use it. Once you do, it will save you tons of money and help you find lots of new opportunities.
Let me break down the pros and cons.
- Search through millions of monitored keywords and ads. You can enhance your keyword research process or even skip it altogether.
- Search by affiliate id, vendor id, affiliate network, etc. You don’t have to even know your main keywords, you can start off by product name or affiliate id and find keywords, or other products you might want to promote.
- Flexible filtering options allow you to find exactly what you need – most profitable ads, keywords with most traffic, etc.
- Search not only the US market but internationally too. The US market is very saturated and in some niches it’s nearly impossible to enter. However some international markets are just as big and as profitable yet they have little to no competition!
- Newbies try to copy everything literally and that’s the reason they fail 99% of the time. Copy is not the name of this game, the data PPC Bully 2.0 provides is better used wisely. You have to learn to use it.
- It can give you an edge over competition, but it won’t teach you PPC. Again, you have to know what you’re doing!
PPC Bully 2.0 is one of the most powerful PPC tools, and dare I say, as powerful is it can possibly get. It even goes out of the over saturated US market. I wouldn’t say you need to be an expert in PPC to be able to use it, not at all. But you have to have at least basic knowledge, be willing to learn, and be ready to use your head instead of copying blindly. Remember, it’s just a tool.
Official website: PPC Bully 2.0